Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh-so-studious Me!

Believe it or not, today I finally studied. Not the whole syllabus of course, but kinda revised botany….all of it. Now don’t smirk, because this is quite a lot for me. Don’t believe me? Ask Sana, she’ll tell you how ‘kam chor' I’m! For months (July-October) people have been badgering me ‘Study, Sidrah study’. Daily when I’d wake up Mum would be all ready to say like a cheerleader ‘Sidrah beta, study!’ Friends would text me ‘you studying or not?’ ...Dad when home from work would ask ‘So tell me Sidrah, how much did you study today?’ (Peering at me through his glasses) …..and my answer would be ‘Of course I’m! Stop asking me this silly question! I wasn’t studying of course…was just pretending to …I’d take all of my books (course books, reference books, quiz books, story books ...Every book), four huge registers …and would fling them on my bed and would be engrossed in them, like nothing else mattered except how poor star fishes have no brain or jelly fish is 99% water (don't ask me why am giving you such fishy examples …am curious about this myself). Then after a reading a line or so, I’d start doodling, reading a ‘story’ book or texting. Well, I started to feel guilty and ashamed (I rarely feel such things, so I wasn’t feeling 'me') …and now that ‘My Conscience’ is bugging me to study, I thought why not listen to it. But far too late now (or perhaps, its not?) Test on next Sunday, still have to read 1000 other books. Sigh. I’d better go and study (stupid conscience!)….Wish me luck!! Cya

9 Ink Drops:

Ifrah Waqar said...

Wow!!!
Right now, you are my inpiration...till I was in my 12th standard...I used to study all year round...and the moment I stepped into my University, I haven't given thoughts to study at all, please pray for me, my semester finals are next month...pray that God also infuses intellect in me, my conscience pinches me, so I also start studying! :(

Nishanth said...

And i bet you posted this during your study time.

PS: I dont have to study anymore.. ha! :P

S. said...

=P
just ace this 1 test...
...n then ...
.....prepare urself for another bus load of bookz fallin on u like rain ..
...
..oh sorry..not helping =P


jokes asyd.. don't be nervous(i noe i noe u never r..but still) n good luck!!!!
i'll call u =D

Unknown said...

it feels good to get a high grade after studyin so hard, believe me. xD

Sidrah said...

@princess
am ur 'inspiration'?? =O
woW!!! =D

@Nishanth
how did 'u' know?? =O
Lucky lucky u!! @no studies =/

@sana
well, am quite nervous now!
n thnxx 4 giving me 'hausla' =D

@zin
yup, tht's so
but studying is way boring =/ lol

stuntman mike said...

nice one ... keep writing .... and yes ... u don need to rhyme for writing poetry, jus give it a go ... u come across as a very happy and boisterous person ... that should make your poems worth reading.

Varun said...

SO how was the test? I hope it went well,so that you can keep writing for us in your study time =D

Sidrah said...

@mike
thnxx ..i'll to write some =)

@varun
no its on sunday, n am hardly studying ..i also hope it goes well =D

Anonymous said...

keep studying sidrah.. and wish you good luck for your exams..