Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Umm..Whatever You Call This

Wow. Another month. Soon we’ll be saying goodbye to 2008.


God knows where my muse is. It’s not smart, I know, but at least it’s smarter than me. I don’t know what to write about. But let me try?


I wish I weren’t so superstitious. No, I don’t believe that black cats bring you bad luck…or if a lizard walks over you, you get….I don’t remember….it’ll bring bad luck too?


Once there was a fire in our home. Nothing much was damaged except my brother’s bicycle and my Dad’s trunk which was filled with ancient and useless stuff (Mum says it’s a good thing that it got burned because Dad wouldn’t have ever got rid of it. Poor Dad). Anyways, the fire didn’t burn our home to ground nor it scalded us to death but I was scared to death. Just imagine your mum waking you up in the middle of night from your deep slumber. Telling you to go outside in your pajamas. Not even letting you get a jacket. Then you’re standing outside in an awfully awful freezing night. Surrounded by neighbors and fire fighters…watching your home burning away. Ok, sorry…now I’m starting to exaggerate. The fire was a minor one and we were back to bad in less than an hour. But as I told you, I got scared. Now I’ve got this weird habit. I’d be sleeping (usually I’m awake) in the middle of the night, and this feeling that something isn’t right. I’ll get up and check the whole house, making sure that everything is all right. It’s not that weird, but irritating. I’d be feeling all nice-nice, cuddled up in my bed, reading a book and then this voice ‘What’s the noise? What’s that smell? What’s crackling? Go! Check the home…and thus begins the ‘home-trip’ as I call it, making sure that everything is all right. No fire, no giant bear raiding the kitchen, no burglar sleeping in our sitting room. See, how annoying it is. It’s been about four years and I so wish I’d stop doing this. It gets on my nerves.


In some ways am like my Dad. I never throw away my stuff. I know am not ever gonna play with my doll house…but I don’t have a heart to give it away to someone. I won’t feel good if I’ll. Even that broken watermelon keychain is dear to me. Same with books, CDs and magazines…I don’t like to lend them (but love to borrow them) …thousands of books I know am not gonna read again are rusting away in my bookshelf. When I’ll get older, like 60 years old, I’ll hold a garage sell. And a book fair too. Do come! I’ll let you know through my blog...so, keep reading!

10 Ink Drops:

Anonymous said...

nice post yaar love to have ur comment on my blog placeofloves.blogspot.com

Ifrah Waqar said...

Hey, Girl...A diary full of dreams is my blog only...I just renamed it...as ifrahsblogs...it's this blog only just a new face...all my posts are the same...

And thankyou so much for letting me know what you thought of my theory :)

Anonymous said...

@ifrah
oh alryt =D
n ur welcome!

@abhishek
thnx
will check out ur blog soon =)

BK said...

Reading your post reminded me of one of my earlier posts about random thoughts.. how one thought leads to another.. :)
keep posting.. it was nice reading ur post.. :)

Nick said...

very kewl n fancy blog !!

straight from the heart :)

the only prob for me was since im partially color blind it was quiet a stress for my eyes in reading between the lines....

but great job!! keep it up !!
N
~keep blogging~

n do comment on mine also

http://evilgeniusnick.blogspot.com/

The Solitary Writer said...

hmm yes reminded me of my old days when i used to write musings like u did here.......btw gus that the fire mishap din't create any damages


guess all girls r like dads


good post

loved it

http://thesolitarywriter.blogspot.com/

The Solitary Writer said...

hey no updates

Sidrah said...

@ Bk n Nick

thnxx alot!!

@ nick
will do something about the background...n will check out ur blog soon =)

@solitary writer
yeah we were quite lucky =o
will update my blog 2morrow

muZer said...

tat wazz a nice trip down da memory lane.. :-)

i like to hold on to old stuff as if i wil lose myself if i let go.. :-) be it my clothes,, diaries,, books.. guess most people like to do tat.. :-)

luv ur template.. itzz pretty neat.. :-)

Sidrah said...

@ :-)
u spoke my mind, tht is exactly wht i feel!
n thnxx =)