Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Nothing Lasts Forever

It was our last day at school. We joked, laughed and smiled like nothing was changed. Gifts were exchanged, photographs were taken and promises were made. But we all knew deep inside that it won’t be same again. During the last hour, I went through all the classrooms, corridors, playground, library, laboratories…trying to keep their pictures fresh in my mind. At that time, I felt I wouldn’t be able to cope. School, where you spend about 12 years, is like a second home. It was quite disturbing knowing that I won’t be coming here anymore. Not ever wearing the boring uniform again which we all hated with a passion, not going to the canteen which sold food which wasn’t even edible, no more strict assemblies, no detentions, no gym, no double classes of chemistry, no dreading moments where you’d to face the principal, they might have sound welcoming when we were still in eighth grade, but not then…even if we hated those things there were far too many which we all loved. Especially the history class where we’d get all the fun, I know history classes are supposed to be boring but ours wasn’t. I looked at the desk where I’d doodled when I would be dying of boredom. I still wonder sometimes if the school still has that desk in which I’d written ‘Sidrah was bored here, Jan/2005 ’. But then again, it was not in a good shape…it’d be broken by now. We said goodbye like we normally did, no tears were shed, but we were smiling at one another nervously as if we knew we might never see each other again. When I reached home, I felt really sad. We friends still talked and met but it was different. We no longer could make fun of teachers, no daily gossips about who was doing what…we’d talk about old things like how silly that girl was looking in the picnic, or it was really unfair of our teacher to punish us when we weren’t the one talking. Stuff like that, it was ok, though. I didn’t get to brood for too long, I enjoyed summer vacations as I’d done every year...they ended and the college started. Oh, how scary I thought it’d be! I was sure I wouldn’t be able to fit in. On our 1st day, Sana said “It’s like we’re on a mission”...I agreed with her. It did seem like a mission. Two years passed like a flash and they were not bad, but quite fun. Again, on the last day at college, I felt as if I were leaving the important part of my life behind. The song ‘College days’ would make me sad, it still do actually. A week ago I went to college to collect the certificates. I’d thought I’d feel sad and all but surprisingly I didn’t. Everything was same but all the faces were different, the new students stared at me like I was intruding on their property...little did they know I’d the same feeling for them! Even I still miss my school and college days, I don’t really want to go back, because there’s no going back now. These doors have been closed forever *new ones are still locked!*. Those were lovely days, I can’t live them again...but I’ve gotten memories and my friends and they’ll do. Nothing lasts forever but hey, life goes on!

Now I’m wondering what’ll happen next, would I like the university (or wherever I’m going!)? Would other students like me? Would I be able to make friends? They’re my latest worries. Let’s see what happens now. Cya! ^_^


P.S: This drawing is made by Sana (shipwrecklagoon.blogspot.com) ...n here 'U' is me ..and Me is Sana =s!




11 Ink Drops:

Nikesh Rathi said...

"This too shall pass" - An old saying!

Nishanth said...

Change is inevitable,...so we all need to move on with it.,.takin in good stuff,..kickin out bad ones,...forgettin some,...remembering some,...

:)

S. said...

more than anything i miSs da canteen !!! and hangin around like THE CLASS =P

Sidrah said...

@sana
canteen was the best ..remember the time when they started 2 sale donuts? =D
'The class' was kinda creepy but fun ..whenever i think abt them instead of 'guys' the word 'folks' comes 2 my mind :/ ...lol!

@nishanth
yup..u're ryt, and change is good!

@nik
nice one!^^

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

:) ... Isnt this that time when 'We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...' stops sounding corny and starts to make sense..!

Viyoma said...

Hey Young Teen...Time to Grow Up...out of school all in a new World...u will sure njoy this College Life too...
Well Written...the post comes direct from ur heart n tht makes it all the more wonderful...
Waiting to hear frm u "My First Day at College" :)
Happy Blogging!

Sidrah said...

@Viyoma.R
thnxx =) ..but am done with college! ^^..n i loved it!

Sarah Rahman said...

You made me remember the good old days :)

Life goes on, hence go with the flow.

Happy Blogging!

harish said...

thanks for dropping by my blog...

you know, I think everyone leaves a graffitied desk at school...we had ours and the art work on it could, at the same time, shame khajuraho, amuse disney, make shakespeare jealous and girls swoon (ok the last bit was made up)

wish I could have a glipse of it once more :(

Anonymous said...

well.

hasHAN hazaRIKA said...

Loved ur post..last year i'v been to my school after probably 7 years..classrooms, corridors, playground made very nostalgic.. library,toilets laboratories,canteen…are changed.Change is good..they are better now !
Keep posting !! Cheers for school days!!