Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And Where Are My Perfect Shoes?!

I want to sing this song (I know I sound horrible when I sing but just tolerate a bit)

So, ahem ahem…here I go:


I want fabulous,
That is my simple request,
All things fabulous,
Bigger and better and best,
I need something inspiring to help me get along,
I need a little fabulous is that so wrong?


Thank you, thank you! (Bows)

Now you must be thinking why I sang this song. Don’t worry, am not at all like Sharpay, but I do want fabulous. And perfect. This is not easy as am far from perfect. To quote Marian Keyes I’m like plain unflavored yoghurt at 35 C. Get the hint, huh? Good! Even though I’m like yoghurt that doesn’t mean I can’t be perfect. Put ‘Nobody is perfect’ to hell! I say everybody is perfect (ok Sidrah, don’t you get sentimental here). Anyways, my point is…..well, I don’t know what my point is...am bored to death so am just writing whatever comes to mind.

Eid is tomorrow. Am glad. NOT! I don't have the perfect fabulous shoes!! Believe me, I tried every single shoe but none of them gelled with me. Actually, I bought one pair of shoes but now I don’t like them. Somewhere in the darkest corner of the city (I hope not too dark) perfect shoes would be waiting for me. I wish they’d scream my name so I’d go running to them. I feel like Cinderella waiting for her prince’s arrival with her shoes (not really!)

Oh no, mum just entered my room. What’s she saying?

‘Blah, blah blah blah blah…….’ mum is talking but am not listening, am not being rude or anything, it’s just that whenever mum (or dad) speaks to me my brain automatically stops working. So, it’s not my fault. I heard a word or two, something about cleaning my room. I just cleaned it three months ago! If mum insists I’ll just stash the stuff under the bed or in closets. Skeletons in the closet… (Lame joke, I know!)

‘Blah blah blah blah….’ oh no, now she wants me to study! Isn’t that too cruel of mum? I have gotten free just a month ago (two months ago, actually). I need to relax (make that reeeeelaaaaxxxx!!!) and why do universities take aptitude test? People say they’re easy, just logic. But logic means I’ll have to use my brain. Which is quite hard. My mind doesn’t listen to me….it has a mind of its own. I do wonder sometimes if I’ve a mind or not. Then I say I must have, as am so smart and all (sorry, am not really a modest person). Oh, well.

Right now, I’m staring at the screen…posting my blog’s URL on Orkut (which I think is the most boring thing to do). Checking out random profiles (which is also the most boring thing), looking for perfect and fabulous background (boring). Wondering where my perfect and fabulous shoes are (disturbing). Thinking about writing a perfect and fabulous story (yawns)…..and I still wish I were an elf. Being a human being is way too boring. At least for me it is. Now my eyes are watering. I should shut down the PC, and I can smell something burning. You must be bored too by my all so nuisance chatter (I hope not!)….anyways.... Cya!


She wants fabulous,
That is her simple request,
All things fabulous,
Bigger and better and best,
She needs something inspiring to help her get along,
She needs a little fabulous is that so wrong?

Fabulous pool, fabulous splash,
Fabulous parties even fabulous trash,
Fabulous fashion, fabulous bling,
She's got to have fabulous everything.


Nothing to discuss. Everything's got to be perfect. For me!



16 Ink Drops:

Nidhi said...

nice blog ....

S. said...

LUvv Luvvv this post. hey come on =D arey eiddd mubarak today i woke up feeling so 6yroldish. u got my text? lol wakey wakey.

well sumday u myt get ur prince but fabuluous shoess....umm can't say nythin bout that!

Jayesh said...

I love u r poem....and the best line
"I need a little fabulous is that so wrong?"
Indeed is it really wrong to want something fabulous???

Anonymous said...

@Jayesh
=O..OMG! this isn't 'my' poem..its a song!! =D
thnxx anyway...n yeah it's not at all wrong 2 have (or want) something fabulous!

Sidrah said...

@nidhi
thnxx =)

@sana
thankyou thankyou!!^^
happy eid 2 u too!
called u but u wre at ur grandma's..(u always r)...n i dint get ur text! :/

i hope i get both of them..the prince n shoes..i mean

am eating not-so-fabulous kachori..wnt some? no? good!

Nishanth said...

even you started BLAHing in your posts...Its likka disease huh :P

Mel Harkin said...

Wow, this is a fun blog! I like your playlist as well. I will come back more times!

Take care, Mel.
http://nycunder25.blogspot.com/
http://mel-brazil.blogspot.com/

Vinayak said...

i really loved the template...
and gr8 post...
brilliant blog....

Natasha said...

any idea frm which albm u took dat song nice re ......really nice....

Dan* said...

lovely poem !

u wrote it before eid......... so howz was eid ??

Anonymous said...

@Dan & Nidhi
its not my poem :/....its a sing 'fabulous' frm high school musical 2..^^

@dan
eid was good..got loads of eidi..urz?

@Nishanth
oh, well!... frm now on u'll see me blah-ing often.. =D

@Mel
Thnxx...checked out ur blog..its gr8!
@vinayak
thnxx ^^

Varun said...

nice post.perfectionism isn't that bad,if you're focused enough

That didn't make too much sense did it?

*another cup of coffee*

nothing said...

nice blog

Ifrah Waqar said...

I might be 21 but I'm a die heard fan of High School Musical...even thought Sharpay isn't one of those people you would be firends with but let's not forget it's because of such people that nice people like Gaberiella get the lim light! :) So, ask for it...ask for FABULOUS!!! ASK FOR MORE ;)

Anonymous said...

@varun
well..it does n it doesn't =D

@Princess
yup, exactly so
n thnk God u dint say tht fabulous is my poem...! =D

BK said...

u already hav something fabulous with u... ur blog.. :)