Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dinner With The Weirdest Boy's Family

I can’t believe it! I just can’t believe it!!! Last two weeks were bad enough but now this! Today, when I woke up, everything was so nice-nice. The day was sunny but not hot. I woke up with such a bright smile that could lighten the darkest corners of world. When I brushed my teeth I was my smiling. When I took a shower I was smiling. When I was brushing my hair I was smiling. I wore my favorite clothes, my old blue jeans and a purple top. I went downstairs and hugged my mum and dad (they were sooO surprised!), smiled at my brothers (they too were surprised) and ate breakfast, all the time smiling. It was like I was re-born. I was so happy and hopeful and was feeling so nice-nice. Well, of course, I was happy. Two weeks with Camper had made me hopeless. Now that they were over, I was glad. I am never taking Summer Fun Classes again. Never ever! Anyways, all day I was happy until the door-bell rang. I put on my best smile and opened the door. That was where my smile was replaced by a sick horrifying expression. Camper was standing on my door-step with a little girl and a woman.
‘Hello! You must be Sidrah! Camper told me so much about you Where is your Mum?’, the woman, already inside my home, looked for my mother. I was just too shocked to say anything.
‘Jane? Is that you?’ Mum suddenly appeared out of nowhere and greeted Jane like she was some long-lost friend. Mum hugged her and introduced her to me.
‘Sidrah, this is Jane, Camper’s Mother and this’ she smiled towards the girl, ‘is Camper’s little sister, Coral’, the girl looked at me with a bored expression on her face. I forced a smile at her, not the bright-nice smile but just a plain old smile. She looked away.
‘Hey there’, I said to Camper who was lost somewhere. Must be talking to his imaginary friend, Bobble, I thought.
‘Yeah?’ he snapped at me, angry that I interrupted his daydream. ‘I didn’t even want to come but Mama made me. She and your mother have become good-friends, I’m afraid’, he snarled. Oh, so that was the Jane my mum was talking about last week. That was bad, very bad.
Then I noticed something strange. Something wasn’t right. I scrutinized Camper’s face trying to find out what was different. His nose was the same, big and lumpy….his cheeks red and puffy, and his eyes….one blue and one ….umm... I think hazel…weird! And his hairs…huh! That was it! His eyes! He wasn’t wearing the goggles. It was the first time I’d seen his eyes. Wow!
‘What you staring at, silly girl?’ he asked menacingly.
‘Ah ...Umm… nothing! Nothing at all’ I laughed nervously.
‘My eyes, I know, silly girl. You were staring at my eyes’ he said ‘people always do. They say they’re weird’. Boy, YOU are weird! I thought. He looked so sad for a moment that I almost felt sorry for him, so I said ‘Umm… they’re kind of cool, you know’ I tried to put on my sunny smile. I failed.
‘Yeah, Bobble says so’, he grinned. Ugh! Bobble, his imaginary friend. When he’s going to grow up! He must be 16 or something. No wonder he has no friends!
‘I’m going out. Bobble’s gonna suffocate here’, he went out to the garden. I was glad to get rid of him. I looked for Coral and found her sitting alone in front of the TV. It was switched off. Still she was smiling; staring at it like something funny was on the TV. Unlike Camper, she was quite thin and short. Must be around 8, I thought. She could have looked pretty if it wasn’t for her black witchy dress. It was horrible.
I went to her. She was mumbling something, I couldn’t make out what.
‘Hey Carol’ I was confronted with such a glare that could have melt iron.
‘What do you want?’ she asked rudely. What a family! Such rudeness, I haven’t seen anywhere. Their mum looked alright to me but these two are …so...so …umm don’t know the right word…but it’s definitely cheesy and weird and rude!
‘Who are you talking to?’ I tried to look brave.
‘Voldemort’, she said, proudly. Yeah right, I rolled my eyes.
‘But he’s dead’, I stifled a giggle.
‘No, you silly girl, he’s not’, she looked angry …so angry that I was thinking about running away.
‘He is! Didn’t you read Harry Potter’s last part? Voldemort is dead. End of story!’ I smiled smugly.
‘Who’s talking about that evil Voldemort? I’m talking about my imaginary friend and his name is V-O-L-D-I-M-O-D not Voldemort! And my Vodimod is not evil or dead …he’s nice and caring and handsome’, she looked dreamy. Oh-oh, she’d a crush on her imaginary friend!
Time flies fast and the dinner came and I was still alive and sane, thankfully. At dinner I was sitting beside Coral. She was chattering to Vodimod continuously, which annoyed me because I was the only who had no one to talk to. Camper was talking to my brothers about chocolates factories or whatever. They three looked so excited that I was jealous for a moment. Only for a moment, for a teeny-weeny moment, ok? Mum talking to Jane about Summer Fun Classes, how good they were and all that boring stuff. Dad was at work. I tried to talk to Coral but she totally ignored me. So, at last I ate my dinner, with a sulky expression. I wished my mum had befriended that cute boy’s mum, whose name I don’t know and I’m sure he doesn’t know my name either AND I’m also sure he didn’t notice me at all at Summer fun classes. Humph.
When we were done eating I’d to wash some dishes, Coral, Camper and my brothers didn’t help me at all. They were there with me in the kitchen but they were messing around instead of cleaning! Ahhh!
And we had tea ….which was just like at dinner. Everybody ignored me.
And then they were going. Yay!!!! But no, what was that, Camper was saying something. I listened closely, he said that, ‘Next week you people are coming to MY house’ he sneered his oh-so-ugly sneer.
‘Are we really?’ I asked weakly. No way, we’re not! It was too much for me. Too much. Just too much! Sniffs! Oh, God why are you dong this to me?? WHY why why???
‘So I wanna tell you, silly girl, don’t make fun of Bobble or else I won’t include you on my chocolate factory project’, he glared at me and went away.
Huh? Chocolate factory PROJECT?
That’s it.
So right now, I’m sprawled on my bed writing this, cursing my luck, cursing the boy and all that. I’ve never gotten this unlucky before. I’m dreading next Saturday. What’ll happen to me? Would I still be sane? Or would I become one of them. Sigh. I can’t wait to find out. I’m sure you can’t either. Wish me luck!

1 Ink Drops:

S. said...

hey ya
luv da continuation.
i like ur flow.
keep posting.
i at
www.shipwrecklagoon.blogspot.com
by da way ur blog's startin to look good !!!
from sana