Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Girls Rule*


Terrible two's, terrible teens,
I keep my shout shut,
oh, where is my thunder?
while you feel the breeze,
I only sneeze
a matter of gender? I guess!
telling you though now i won't rest,
till i fee my might,
get to stay out all night,
get to know who i'm, not to read about it,
get to make myself known,
not the quiet of my home,
girls we are, and east or west,
we're alright!
Terrible two's, terrible teens,
just my lonely voice
in the night,
in my too quite house.

This poem is from the book Pen Pals. It’s one of my favorite poems. It’s short, easy and inspiring.
All the girls out there, especially eastern girls, I just want to say if you’re girls it doesn’t mean you’ve to stay indoors and do all the chores. Yes, help your mum in cooking n stuff but there are other things too like having fun. In Pakistan and India, most of the families are sexist; they don’t let their daughters complete their studies or they don’t let their wives do the job. They say boys are better than girls but what’s the proof? I think girls are lot better, so what if they cry easily? At least they can show emotions. People say that girls are jealous and vain but what about the ego and pride in boys? Girls are more responsible and caring. Boys might get more freedom that’s why they got into bad company often but girls when confined into the four walls of their houses pick up lot of good traits from their parents. So, girls are in no way weaker than boys, infact they are way stronger and better! So girls just come out of your shells and show the world your face!


Terrible two’s, terrible teens,
When will they be over
I’ll take my place,
on life’s grand stage
Then they’ll see, and then they’ll know
the face, the voice of my soul,
I’m waiting, waiting for that moment
for my moment.

0 Ink Drops: