Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Me And The Weirdest Boy Ever

Ok, this is not so good. Not good at all. Why me? Why am I paired with this weirdo who loves to play with match-sticks? It sure is creepy. Right now, I’m sitting in a HUGE lab with a boy. Not just an ordinary boy but with a future-most wanted-criminal boy. We’re not alone, of course, there are many more. 100 or maybe 1000, it’s too hot to count. I am dressed in my new clothes, which no longer looks new; because now they’re stinky and have oily colorful spots on them. I’m doing a chemistry practical. Actually the boy is doing it; I’m just standing here... telling him what to add and what to not. Not that he listens to me.

‘Yo silly girl! HCL concentrated or dilute or what?’ he yelled so loudly that people from the last corner of the lab looked at us, annoyed.
‘Um, let me check’, I put my diary in my bag, hiding it well from his view. Pulled out my chemistry manual and looked for the page. After 5 minutes or so, I found it.
‘Dilute, and its sulphuric acid not hydr…’ Too late! He’s already done something. Colorful gases were coming out from the test tube. I jumped back and landed on someone’s foot.
‘Hey!’ the girl shrieks.
‘Sorry!!’ I apologize.
I look at the boy and I find it hard to believe. He is laughing! He’s a maniac, I knew it!
He looks like some crazy scientist who has just invented a monster who can destroy the whole world. Hmm. An old man wearing white (which looks yellow) lab coat comes in and snatches the test tube away from the boy.
‘Hey! It is mine!’ the boy shouted, almost like a child whose candy has been snatched by some bully. But I’m not sympathizing with this boy. He’s an evil maniac, trying to invent a thing to destroy the world.


When I first met him, early today, I thought it was going to be fine. I thought he was just pulling my leg. I thought he was just afraid of me. I thought he was just trying to look cool. What else did I not thought! Practically everything. Including that he might have a crush on me. Ok, that’s embarrassing. Anyways, our first conservation went on like this:

‘Hey, I’m Sidrah’ I said, cheerfully, sitting beside him. He was ENORMOUS, he was tall and wide but not frightening, you know, he’s a face like a baby. He was dressed in a blue superman T-shirt, dark green trousers and a bright orange bandana on his red hair. And yes, he was also wearing goggles. So you see, he didn’t look normal teenager at all.
‘You’ve sat on Bobble’ he glared at me.
I jumped from my seat, not knowing what the hell Bobble was.
‘I’m sorry’, I looked at the seat and I found nothing. Not even an ant!
‘Um, so, where’s Bobble’, I asked, meekly.
‘He’s gone.’ he shrugged ‘You can sit down now’. I sat down, madly annoyed at him but didn’t show it. No, I wasn’t afraid of him, if that’s what you’re thinking. Okay, maybe a little bit.
‘Who’s Bobble?’ I asked.
‘My imaginary friend’ he made it sound like it was normal.
‘Your what!?’ I laughed. He gave me a dirty look .And then he gave me this little interesting lecture to open my mind.
‘It’s no laughing matter, you silly girl! Imaginary friends are far more interesting and loyal than human. And you need imagination to have an imaginary friend. Which I’m sure you don’t have’, he sneered at me and then continued ‘If you knew Bobble that you wouldn’t have dare to laugh. He’s the king, you silly girl, the KING!’, he breathed fiercely. His face had become reddish purple.
‘I’m sure Bobb…’ but he didn’t let me complete.
“Shut up, you silly girl! You’ve insulted Bobble by sitting on him. You should say sorry to him’, he said, folding his arms on his chest, ‘Or else….’
I was stunned. He was cracked. Then he did the most alarming thing; he lighted the match-stick and threw it at me. I yelped and ran away from him. But I’d to come back; I’d to attend the lab. And so, here I’m…
‘What have you added?’
‘I dunno, just stuff, you know…colorful stuff’, he says, defensively.
‘COLORFUL Stuff? Colorful STUFF? ….You fool, you’re not supposed to add everything. These are chemicals…they can be dangerous!’ I never said this. I want to but I’m afraid. You know, I’m not really good at fighting. So I’m just sitting here writing this thing, cursing my luck, cursing the boy. Did u notice I don’t even his name! I’m sure it’d be something weird like Barney.
The old man, Mr. Flight, has taken the boy away. They’re throwing him out, I smile triumphally. The other students have lost interest and are busy doing their practical. I don’t know what I should do. Should I sit here and wait for Mr. Flight? Or should I start my practical? I choose the first option.
I wished I hadn’t joined Fun Summer Classes. They’re not fun at all. It’s more like school. Oh my! What am I doing here? The reality has just hit me. My friends are at The Mall or somewhere equally cool. Now to think about it, I don’t want to be here. I want to have some real fun. I want to quit. But no way! My Mum would never let me. It’s only one week. One week of pure agony!
Huh? What’s this? The boy and Mr. Flight …laughing and smiling? And they still have the test tube.
‘Camper you’re genius!’ Mr. Flight is patting him on his back. Genius? Camper? He could have destroyed the world!
‘Young lady’, Mr. Flight approaches me, ‘Your partner, Bobble, has just invented the most beautiful fragrance!’
Oh, so that boy has gotten lucky!
‘We’re giving him AND you one free week at Summer Fun Classes!’, he says like it’s the most wonderful thing in the world, maybe for him but not for me. I wish I’d taken swimming classes.
When he left, Camper smiled smugly at me. And then he waved his fist at me and shouted something about imaginary friends making a person lucky. I yelped. I’ve to run away, so I’m running away. But I’ve to come back; I’ve to attend the Summer Fun Free Classes. Two weeks of pure agony…just two week! Well, I was right about his name. Camper!? I mean, CAMPER! Such a weird name!

0 Ink Drops: