Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Silent Times

We went to the library, hiding away from the teachers, and sat quietly between the book shelves under the cool breeze of the fan. We browsed through the books happily munching on our chips, not saying a word but occasionally smiling at each other to acknowledge the serenity of the situation. All was quite except the rustling of papers and churning of fan. We took out our cell phones and listened to our favorite songs and hummed quietly along. Those 30 minutes felt wonderful without any discussion of exams and notes, gossiping about other students and teachers or how scary and big the world is out there. There was no need to say anything. That moment was most wonderful and peaceful.

Why do we always feel that we always have to talk about something? Why do we always fill the gaps of silence with words? Sometimes there is no need to talk.

I love the moments when I’m having tea with my family, TV volume turned off, enjoying the company of each other without saying a word.

I love the moments when my friend and I sit beneath the cool shade of the tree happily sucking on our ice-lolly neither of us saying a word.

I love the moments when I wake up in the morning, for few minutes lying quietly on my bed listening to the world outside.

Just once, close your mouth, in the presence of other person and feel the beauty of silence.
There’ll be no need of words.

1 Ink Drops:

S. said...

this post has a paulo-coelho feel to it.

u could be so philosophical sumtymz ! =D