Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Holidays; Goodbye!

‘Sidrah! Wake up!!’ someone was slapping me. That hurts! I thought sleepily and covered my face to protect it from further harm. I was dreaming that I was lost in a tunnel and there was a wild boar out to eat me and my cookies. Dreams can be stupid sometimes.
SLAP! Aww! That was painful. I opened one eye and found three faces staring at me.
‘She’s alive,’ Somia looked happy to see me awake.
‘Who’s alive?’ I asked. My back ached and I’d a splitting headache. And yeah, I was thirsty too and hungry, of course.
‘You!’ they saw me in wonder as I sat up
‘Why are you looking at me like this?’ I asked, slightly irritated ‘I’m not some mummy’
‘We thought you died,’ Fat remarked.
‘Oh I was just sleeping,’ I mimicked Fat’s voice, the way she’d said in the train. She pursed her lips.
‘Oh no’ my dream came true, I was in a tunnel as I looked around ‘I thought I was dreaming’
‘I thought that too,’ Somia said. She looked horrible, dirt and mad covered her face, her hairs, which were usually clean and shiny looked dusty and dry. I checked my hands and nails. They were also dirty. Weird. Where are we? Suddenly it all came back; the tunnel trip, boars, cookies, flash lights and Blue.
The candle will be out in about half an hour, I thought looking at the candle. Its flame was getting bigger and bigger.
‘Let’s try to open the door,’ I said getting up. My legs were numb. I sat back hard again.
‘We tried, it was no use,’ Sana said, fiddling with a rock.
Minutes passed by and we talked. The candle burned out and we talked about Zac Efron. Our stomachs demanded food we talked about Boars. Then we couldn’t talk anymore. We’d talked about almost everything.
‘Let’s play a game,’ Sana said ‘I say a thing starting with A, let’s say Apple, and you’ll say a thing with E now, got it?’
Even when we didn’t want to play we’d no choice. We played and played until we were bored out of our skulls.
‘Let’s sing,’ Somia clapped her Hands. We moaned at this but sang anyway.

“We’re all in this together
And it shows…when we stand
Hand in hand…make our dreams come true”

We sounded horrible but didn’t have the energy to laugh. I was beginning to feel hopeless.
We’re all in this together
Once we know…that we are
We’re all stars…and we see …..SQUEAK!
‘What was that,’ Sana whispered. I heard it too, a squeak.
‘Maybe it’s the boar,’ Somia said fearfully.
We all listened quietly. There it was again. Squeak. Squeak.
Suddenly the room was alight. I looked up at the ceiling door and saw Blue looking down at us, looking grubby.
‘Come out now,’ he urged.
‘Yay!’ Fat cheered, we cheered with her and climbed out. It was so bright outside that my eyes hurt. I squinted. I looked upwards and a saw puffy cloud passing through the sky. I looked at Blue. I took a really good look at him. He didn’t look like he’d slept as he’d dark circles under his eyes and his hair wild and uncombed. Our hero, our savior! I’m gonna worship him, I thought smiling happily. Then it dawned on me that he was the one who lured us in the tunnel. Because of him we were looking so ugly right now. And that wild boar! It was a narrow escape. We could have died. My smile turned upside down.
‘Where were you?’ Somia demanded angrily brushing away the cobwebs from her face.
Blue ran his fingers through his hair and looked at his feet ‘Sorry’ he grunted.
‘Sorry?’ we yelled at him. We yelled and yelled and told him all the horrible things we went through and all he’d to say was just stupid old plain sorry? Humph!
He confessed that he escaped through another trapdoor when he saw the boar, he was about to come back to help us but Mr. Sajid caught him. That was his story.
‘What a coward,’ Somia remarked as were going back to the camp. I didn’t say anything but I knew she was upset and fuming inside. She liked him. Poor Somia!

‘Whatever happened to you??’ Sk exclaimed in disbelief and came running to us as we stepped inside the camp. We told her our story and Blue’s. Her eyes were wide open with shock. She thought we were making it up all. But she believed us when we insisted.
‘I told you guys not to go!’ she hugged us. We hugged her back. I was so happy to be alive I can’t tell you.
‘Come on. Get ready. The bus will be going in an hour,’ she said stuffing her things in her bag ‘I packed your bags’ she gestured towards our bags neatly zipped standing in the corner.
‘Thanks’ we washed ourselves and got ready. Mr. Sajid collected our bags from us and told us to wait 10 minutes.
‘Would you guys come with me,’ Sk pointed over the bushes where we’d found Dan-Bug. Sk was carrying the jar with Dan-Bug in it.
‘So?’ I asked when we reached there.
‘I’m gonna release Dan-bug’ Sk said, tears in her eyes “Ms.Orla was right’
‘But first take my picture with Dan-Bug.’ She wiped her tears away and handed Sana a camera. We squealed when Sk took out the Dan-Bug which flew and sat on her cheek.
‘Say cheese, we tease!’ Sana said. Click. Flash!
‘Now go Dan-bug. Be happy,’ Sk shouted as Dan-bug flew away ‘I’ll miss you’
‘We’ll miss you!’ this time we all shouted. After taking some more pictures with Fat and Somia, we went to the bus which was waiting for us.
‘Where were you, girls?’ Ms. Orla barked ‘And why are you so untidy’ we cringed and quietly sat in the backseat. We reached the station after 40 minutes. Farhan laughed out loud when we saw us.
‘So you went, huh? Farhan asked Fat ‘Told you not to go. Now look what happened to you all’ he faked a sad face. Fat threw him a violent look.
God! We must be looking really horrible, I thought, I wanted to go home quickly! What will my brothers say? But I didn’t get to brood for too long as we were quickly ushered in the train by the teachers. We all exchanged numbers. Interestingly Somia lived in our town! Fat was from another but what cell phones and internet are for?! I didn’t hate Fat anymore, she was really fun if you get know her better.
‘We’ll be home in two hours!’ Sana exclaimed ‘I missed my family very much’
‘I missed good food’ I said eating a disgusting chicken roll.
‘I missed Dan-Boy,’ Sk smiled dreamily ‘He didn’t call’ she pouted.
‘I missed my cat’ Somia added and we all looked at Fat. But she was busy watching Blue who was talking animatedly to a girl outside the compartment.
Fat got up and walked towards them
‘Hey Tarzan!’ she thumped him on his back ‘This is your Jane?’ Fat was all cutesy. She was smiling so sweetly that you could get diabetes! Blue went red and his eyes fell on me. I feigned an innocent expression. The girl was confused and walked away. Blue gave Fat something, said something and also walked away.
‘This is for you,’ she handed the chit to Somia. We eagerly watched as she unfolded it.
‘It’s his number!’ Somia waved the chit happily ‘and he says he’s really sorry!’ I hoped Somia wouldn’t turn into another Sk. Farhan came in some after sometime and invited us to a party in the compartment next door. We’d so much fun and we ate some yummy things too. We all exchanged numbers. Blue said sorry once again, this time he looked sorry too. We again told him what happened in front of everybody and forgave him. I don’t think they believe us. The story sounded too far fetched now, even to me. And I think Farhan is kind of good looking. Oh well!
So right now, I’m at home lying peacefully in my warm bed...Chatting with Fat, Farhan, Blue, Camper and Coral. Oh I almost forgot to tell you one thing; I and my family might go to Malta as Jane invited us. I’m looking forward to it! I don’t want to admit it but I missed Camper and Coral!


P.S: Sana, i know the ending is really crap but i got bored!!

2 Ink Drops:

S. said...

the ending was alryt !! i was waiting for that sumthin good that was gonna happin to SK tho.
anyway u did the ending..and I..I don't ever get it =P

so Thumbs up !!

Sidrah said...

thnx!
cudn't think of something good!...n realli ..i got soOoO bored!