Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bookworm







I was about 3 years old when my dad bought me my first book. It was called ‘Just so Stories’. I loved it! Of course I didn’t read the stories myself; I’d ask my parents to read them for me. I loved looking at the pictures. And sometimes when my parents weren’t looking, I’d color the pictures too. Seeing that I love books my dad got me another one, Around the World in Eighty days. But the funny thing is I still have not read it. I’ve this feeling it’d be really boring. I still got that same copy which is now old and battered but I don’t have a heart to throw it away or give it to someone else. By the way I’ve seen ‘around the world in eighty days’ Disney version, starring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy! It was good!
The first book I read all by myself was ‘The Gulliver’s Travels’ ...With a dictionary beside me^_^ …followed by Oliver Twist, The Secret Garden, Robinson’s Cruise, Emma, Heidi, Jane Eyre, Treasure Island, The Tempest, Tom Sawyer (I think Huckleberry Finn is better) ..Ok there are just so many and I just love to show off! I missed those moments when I’d curl up in my sofa at nights, when my noisy brothers would be sound sleep, reading a book and drinking warm milk. Gone are the days when I used to read Famous Five, Nancy Drew, Roald Dahl, Sweet Valley series, The Baby Sitters club etc etc …I also loved to read Sidney Sheldon’s novel. They were oh-so-mesmerizing! I’ve read all of them (told you I love to show off!) Nowadays I’ve become Bridget Jones, Jenny Colgan and Marian Keyes type fan. I’ve got so many books that I could open my own library, which annoys my mum very much as I’ve taken almost every single shelf in my house for books (no place left in my room)
My all time favorite book is ‘The Faraway Tree’ by Enid Blyton. When I read it the first time, I was so fantasized by it. Every second I’d pray to God that I’d get to live in Enchanted Wood and meet Jo, Fanny and Bessie, some elves, brownies and imps. And of course Moon-Face, Saucepan man and Silky! Once I’d this wonderful dream in which I saw that my family and I had moved to a country side. We’d a big farm and a pond. There were cows, ducks and hens (which lay golden eggs) …and in the middle of the farm stood a large tree which was supposed to be the magical Faraway tree. I visited every land by climbing through the cloud (My favorite land was the land of tea parties!) Thank God I didn’t get stuck in Dame Slap’s school!! Well, when I woke up, I was really disappointed to find myself in my own oh-so-boring home! Lol!
And oh yes! How could I forget three such famous and best books! You’re right! They’re Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Eragon! I really miss Harry Potter series; I’ve read all the parts so many times that I don’t want to read anymore, want something new! Eragon’s third part will be out in September, I can hardly wait! Something to look forward to….!

Okay, that’s it! Wondering why I wrote all this? Simple...Was BORED, as usual! I’ve this big test coming up in September and I’ve not read a single word yet...But I’ll start studying from tomorrow, seriously I’ll. Honest! (Just hope I’d!)

8 Ink Drops:

parth said...

u should check out the wheel of time series by robert jordan.... pretty good


btw nice post

Unknown said...

Im not a gr8 fan of HP..

But Lord of the rings..Is one of my favorite best...

Gud post.....

Shantharam Shenoy K said...

me too love 2 read books..have read Harry potter series, da vinci code etc etc...Din get my hands on Lord of the Rings though..saw the movie...really cool..

Shantharam Shenoy K said...

and if u r intrested in xchng of links..jus comment or leave me a msg in my blogs..

http://oneunitedmanunited.blogspot.com
http://shanthu87.blogspot.com
http://watiff.blogspot.com

Sidrah said...

@parth
will buy them nxt tym i go book-shopping!
@Prashanth ..thnx^^
@shenoy
do read the book ..its way good than the movie!
will chck out ur blog soon..!

Rinzu said...

love reading books but i never started at 3...

i like a lil seriuos stuff...
hate things like harry potter...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm ...good post, books are man's best friend.
Thanks for dropping by in my blog.

o-m-e-r s-i-d-d-i-q-u-i said...

Thanx.. I wrote bec. I had to.. Ur blog is sth different as if U LOVE doing it..
So r u in SZABIST?