Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Holidays; I Got Lucky

Holidays! Yay!! Woohoo! Ok, sorry ..it’s just that I’m so excited about holidays. Since Camper and Coral have gone to Malta, Lady Luck has been shining on me. I’m not exactly happy that they’ve gone but ..well, I’m not complaining. Oh yes, I almost forgot, I got a new bike too! Poor Sana, her bike didn’t get stolen so she’s still riding her old one! *Ha-ha …lucky me!*Actually these holidays are a study trip, we’re going to some place called ‘Changa Manga’ it’s a forest of some kind …I know the name is unusual and it’s a study trip but think …just think...a week with your best friends and away from your family is like...is like …heaven! *Hope my mum is not reading this* Anyways, the other day I went to Summer Fun Classes to collect my certificate. Unfortunately or fortunately I collided with Mr. Flight …the scene was like that:I was running at my full speed while on the other side Mr. Flight was walking slowly drinking his coffee...well ….we went CRASH!! ….he fell down, broke his glasses and spilled the coffee on his already-yellowish brown lab-coat …and I was ok [thank God!], standing there, red with embarrassment …if those people hadn’t gathered around us I’d have run away not caring for the certificate or whatever. He got up with the help of thousands of people and glared at me and said some thing which sounded like that: ‘comtoffs’ …what he’d actually said was ‘Come to my office’ …so I was stuck there. I felt like I was some criminal and they were treating me like one too. One lady there, who was all red, had shouted ‘She could have killed him!’ I mean, come on it was an accident! And even if he’d died, it’d have been ok...he’s like …ancient, really! Ok, where was I? Yeah, so I went to his office with that lady in red, she was red …her dress was red, hair was red, sandals were red, lipstick was red and she was red with anger! Simply red, Lol! When we went inside Mr. Flight thundered ‘Young lady, where are your manners? Do you think you can just stamp on innocent people and get away with it?’ I bit my lip and tried to look sorry. I WAS feeling sorry. *For myself. He-he.* So, I said ‘I’m so sorry, Mr. Flight. Truly I’m sorry …I was just in a hurry… so..’ I put on my ‘I’m-going-to-cry’ face. This worked! His horrible expression softened ….and from some cruel teacher he suddenly looked like somebody’s grandpa. ‘Aren’t you the girl who made the perfume?’ he smiled at me. The lady in red suddenly looked interested in me. .‘Umm …. It was my partner …’ I was going to say but why give Camper the credit now that he’s in Malta so I said ‘Yeah, it was me’ I said proudly, my head held high, then added ‘My partner, Camper, helped me’The lady in red eyed me suspiciously ‘Do you know the recipe?’ she stared at me. Yikes!‘Yes, I’ve written in my notebook’, I stared back. I can always ask Camper! The lady in red smiled slightly. Mr. Flight was looking at me like a proud parent.‘Well, young lady first tell me why are you here?’ he asked‘To collect my certificate’ he nodded as if he was expecting me.‘Yes the certificate, what’s your name? He asked me. I told him then he went outside muttering under his breath. The lady in red and I looked around the office. It was like Mr. Flight; ancient. There was an old white box, which I think was a computer. A golden telephone, you know that weird thing you see in old movies. The desk and other furniture were all brown like Mr. Flight’s lab coat. The only thing which was new was the calendar, which looked out of place. Then the lady broke the silence by saying: ‘So, how did you make the perfume?’ she asked me. Oh God!‘Umm…ahh ...well …it was an accident’ I said, lamely.‘Accident?’‘Yeah, I added some stuff, colorful stuff’ I said what Camper had told me.‘Do you know that it’s not a perfume?’‘Huh?’‘Young lady, you’ve accidentally made a mosquito repellent’‘Oh’ I was at loss for words.’And it’s very useful. Especially for researchers in Changa Manga’Changa Manga? What’s THAT? But I didn’t ask as I knew she’d explain it.‘It’s a forest. The organizers of Summer Fun Classes are very happy with you. The repellent you’ve invented is effective, has a nice smell and also it’s easy to make!’ she stopped to catch her breath, ‘I’m Mrs. Habib, the manager of Fun Knowledge Organization. It’s the same company who organized Summer Fun Classes. We’d like to buy your formula’ she waited for an answer. I felt like I was in some movie. A good movie, where I’m going to be rich!‘It’s ok. I’ll give you some time to think about it’ she smiled ‘You can discuss with your parents too. But don’t say a word to anyone else, especially Mr. Flight’ I nodded silentlyMr. Flight came in with my certificate. He gave it to me without saying anything and sat down on his chair. I think he was in a really bad mood. God knows why.Then Mrs. Habib said to me ‘Some of our students are going to Changa Manga for research, you can come too. It’s free’ Free. Hmm. It means free HOLIDAY! A holiday! Wow!! *But alone!?*‘Can I bring my friends too?’ I asked hopefully. At first she looked uncertain then she must have thought about the repellent, I mean if she offends me I won’t sell her my formula! ‘Sure, but only two friends.’ I gave her my angelic smile ‘Thanks Mrs. Habib. And I’ll think about the “perfume’’ I said them goodbye and went home. Called my two friends, Sana & SK, they said yes. My parents were doubtful but they agreed after a long talk with Mrs. Habib. Thankfully she didn’t mention anything about the repellent neither did I. I’m not sure if I should tell them or not. I’ll have to talk to Camper first. Ok, so got to go now; have to buy lots of stuff! One more day then we’ll be off. Cya!

0 Ink Drops: