Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Am Me ...And i Love "Me"




When I was in ninth grade, there was a festival in our school. I came wearing a simple yellow T-shirt and jeans, a touch of lip gloss and my hair tied back in a pony tail. My mum said I looked good. When my classmates saw me, they squealed and told me that I looked like a kid of primary section. I’d an urge to run back home change my dress. All the time during the function, I’d this feeling that everybody is laughing at me. I saw my classmates wearing tight tops and loose baggy jeans held by silver belts, their streaked hair, cascading down their shoulders and tons of jewelry. I wished I could look like them, wishing that my mum would stop thinking I’m a kid. I was 13, for god sake! I’d real bad time and it was my own fault. I’m 17 now, but I still dress the same way, my hair are still natural brown and my mum still thinks that I’m a kid and some people even say I look like a kid. But I don’t feel so bad now. I might not look like those girls but in no way I’m less than them. Looking good is essential, of course. But why make it extravagant? Why become obsessed with fashion and always trying to look sexy? Why some people think using bad language and swearing make you look cool? Sometimes I have this sudden urge to dye my hair all blue and get a tattoo on my arm (I’d love being an EMO!!) but I fight it back. Now I love being me. I’m glad that my parents are strict with me, scolding me whenever I’d do something wrong, not letting me use internet all night long when I was in school, not letting me have my own TV and not giving me a cell phone until I was in college. I wanted to watch all those star plus soap operas the girls gossiped about in school, I’d argue with my mum allowing me to watch them and eventually she did. But they were not as special as my classmate had told me, I think Disney channel is way better (yeah, go and laugh, I still watch Disney and it ROCKS!)
So, guys if someone says you look like a baby, weird, odd or something equally like that don’t feel bad, if you think you’re good then you’re. Be yourself and don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. I’m happy that I was wearing that simple yellow T-shirt and jeans at the festival when I was in ninth grade.



P.S: I was inspired to write this when I read my friend, Sana’s post ‘Different is okay’!!

10 Ink Drops:

S. said...

same here ! yeah i'm glad i'm no wannabe either.
we rock sidrah, don't we.. =S in our own way ??!
..well we do !!! =D

Sidrah said...

yeah, everybody rocks in their own way! U know, tht Sana mehboob in our colg? remember how she was rocking on the bull during our picnic! she dint care! But she looked funny, dint she? oops ... ^_^

Gagan said...

I create ma own styles and love to wear what I like, no matter who so ever laughs on me !!

Just be BINDAAS !!

peter said...

yea similar situations wid me ...i mean ppl said i din look gud wid formals ...and still sm pretty reliable ppl say ( like a few f mah fashion designer frnds )but i dun care a damn ...cz i wont wear casuals in an org..and formals in praties....!!

so its ur choice at da end of day !!

good post ...u have this innocence and reality in ur posts !
cheers !

S. said...

=D yay!! sidrah's getting good comments.
yeah and I rocked,fell and rocked too.
and the boat ride was fun too and the slide..it got over too soon !!
=|

Sidrah said...

@sana ...n i was afraid of the slide! ...n boat too (lol!) but we rode it anyway just coz u insisted ..good thing u did, i'd so much fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! You know my parents were the same but now looking bak I'm so thankful :) Most of the girls who I thought were cool are the biggest loosers now... They have no idea what's happening in the world, they're still stuck in the land of tv shows and lipgloss.

Anyway, great post :)

Oh, and thanks for the nice words on my blog.

alx said...

exactly
f we really start botherin abt wt othrs think i guess v wudnt hav time 4 nethin else
good post
u write well

Anonymous said...

u r unique and your blog rocks...Thank you for givin some comments in my blog.. I am just a starter pack in the blogger world.your comments gives me the boost to write more things in my blog..

Sidrah said...

thnkx 4 such nice comments!
n yeah, everybody is special!