Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Holidays; The Little fat Woman (2)

‘I think we should call someone’, I said, getting up from my seat. Sk nodded and Sana shrugged. I noticed that I’d lost my grin. It was replaced by a grim expression. Halfway through the door, I asked myself ‘where am I going to get help?’
Me: ‘Where is the teacher’s compartment?’
Sana (whispering): It’s the last one.
Sk (gloomily): Good luck.
I nodded and went out to begin my journey, fearless and determined to save the Little Fat Woman, until some people started to follow me, trying to sell me some weird stuff and some asking for money. I tried to shrug them off and walked fastly towards my destination i.e. the last compartment. At last I reached there, knocked on the door and waited patiently. A man who was all bald expect for a patch of ginger hair resting on the center of his head looked annoyingly at me.

Bald man (rudely): Yeah, little girl?
Me (confidently): One of the student is not…..
Bald Man (bored): Wait
He shut the door on my face. I could hear the voices of many people talking. After few seconds the door was opened again, this time by a woman, who was called Ms. Orla. She was our incharge.
Ms. Orla (smiling pleasantly): Yes? How can I help you?
Me: Something happened to one of the students. She screamed and she died!!
Ok, now I made it sound like real big emergency. Ms. Orla looked alarmed.
Ms. Orla: Follow me!
Follow her? But why? I know the way to our compartment, not her. Nevertheless I followed her and someone was following me too, a little boy selling pâtés. Ms. Orla stopped and went to a compartment where some party was going on. Music was real loud; I couldn't tell how many people were in there because the compartment was really small. The little boy also went in and came out wearing a happy expression. I think he got some money. The music stopped and Ms. Orla came out with two boys, who were looking really reluctant.
Ms. Orla: Lead the way, girly. Girly!? Well, I led them to our compartment.
We entered. The scene I saw almost broke my heat. The Little fat Woman was still lying on the floor, her mouth wide open and her face, I hoped not, looked kind of blue. Sana was holding her had, her face expressionless. Sk was praying, tears streaming down her cheeks. They looked like parents whose child was on deathbed. Sheesh! Such a mean thought!
Ms. Orla (running to Fat): What happened to her?
Sk (crying): She was standing there, and then she screamed and died.
Ms Orla was just about to say something when Fat stirred and came to life. I don’t know why, but I screamed. Sana and Sk screamed too. We stopped and looked at each other, confused. Then Fat screamed, or should I say howled. We screamed again. Two boys joined us in our screams; maybe they were just mocking us as they were laughing too.
Ms. Orla (madly, stamping her foot): Stop!
We stopped.
Ms. Orla (yelling): What’s with you people? Where are your manners?
We all put on our ‘I’m -sorry,-ma’am-I’m-so-ashamed’ face.
Ms. Orla (to Fat): Are you right, girly?
Fat (sitting up, nervous): Yes. Yes, I’m all right.
Sana (accusingly): We thought you died.
Fat (snorting): Died? I was just, like, sleeping.
‘Why did you scream?’ I demanded
The Little fat woman shrugged ‘You weren’t letting me sit; I was tired and sleepy so I slept on the floor. And I didn’t, like, scream’
I was dumbfounded. She tricked us! She made a fool of us! She …now I wish she’d died! I thought.
Ms: Orla (sternly): If this was some kind of joke I didn’t like it. Next time, make sure that there is some real emergency. And if it happens again you all would be expelled. Come on, boys. Some people have already wasted enough time ’she went out; the two boys following her like devoted servants or maybe, paid servants. One of them turned around and winked at us. I was so furious that I didn’t notice how cute he was.
‘…have already wasted my time’ Sana was mimicking her.
Little fat women sat on my seat. I didn’t do anything and quietly sat beside Sk. But I was thinking. Thinking how to get revenge on the Little Fat Women. After a while she stood up and went outside.
‘That little…’ I began, angrily.
‘Fat…’ Sk offered.
‘Woman’ Sana finished.
‘Yeah! That’s what we’re gonna call her. Little fat woman. Perfect’ I smiled satisfyingly.
The rest of our trip was normal. I mean nothing unusual happened; the young boy who was following me earlier came and tried to sell us some pâtés. We were hungry so we bought some. They were disgusting. Little fat woman came back, sat on the floor (God knows why!) and starting reading a suspense novel called ‘The Seat’. Then we reached our destination, the station, I mean. We got off the train and followed Ms. Orla and five other teachers (including the bald man) to the bus. There were about 30 students. Then we were on our way to Changa Manga, some boys were singing a horrible song in horrible voices. And then we were there, at Changa Manga. We were filthy. I was dying to have a shower but what I saw confirmed my fears, which I’d buried deep in my heart, we were going to have a camp, not expensive and stylish hotels but stupid and cheap tents. With mosquitoes, spiders, bugs, bats, snails, lizards and maybe with lions and bears too! This as not looking so good! Oh well, I have my mosquito repellent, I thought.

Well, will tell you the rest later. Cya!

4 Ink Drops:

S. said...

that was fun !! now i'm wishing we really WERE going to changa manga and u noe wot today i got patties from our college. my mom actually went for saba's from.

oh =P this is like SO ME but .. =S i imeagined the cute boy who winked at a zac lookalike.

oh ya 44 street wali book buhut achi hai !!

Sidrah said...

@sana
The boy doesn't look like zac but he looks lyk Nick of Jonas Brothers!! ^^

And sana, hav u forgotten how horible it was in changa manga? if u've then plz read my next post! u wont wish then!

S. said...

strangely enuf ..i still wish we cud go.
u'd have to put in sth REALLY HORRIBLY UGLY to make me not want to go.

Sidrah said...

Haha! i'm evil!!
Hey wht hppnd 2 SSS? if u dnt mind i'd lyk 2 write smth abt it too, nxt maybe...