Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Ode To Friendship!


Just imagine your life without friends. Weird, isn’t it? I take my friends for granted, I think everybody does. But life would be so empty without them. Nobody calling you for hours to talk about random things, nobody there to whom you can tell some juicy piece of gossip, nobody there sharing your joys and sorrows, nobody lending you notes, books, Cds, jewelry and stuff, nobody helping you in studies, nobody calling your name the way your friends do, nobody laughing at your lame jokes, no shoulder to cry on, nobody waiting for you when you go to college, school and the kind, nobody suddenly appearing behind your back, startling you but making you smile at the same time …there’re million, no trillions of good things about friends which we ignore, never taking them seriously, thinking that they’re just small things but in reality they’re the things which make our day.
I don’t have many friends, actually only four but they’re my real friends. I can trust them. That’s the best thing about friends; you can count on them to help you! I never had a real one until I was in class 10th; there I met Maria and Sk. Hey guys! I love you both!! (I know you’re not reading this but I’ll make you. Ha-ha). And then there’s Iqra, my quiet friend, who never tells me her dark secrets! =( but I wish she’d someday! And at last but not the least, yes you’re right, it’s you Sana. I know you were waiting for your name to come along. So there you’re! More about you?? Well ……I met Sana four years ago in coaching. We performed a practical together, exchanged numbers and for two years we never saw each other, just talked on phone for few seconds. Then luckily we got admission the same college and TADA we became fast friends! We still are. Sana, stop grinning. I wrote about you because you comment on my posts and let me borrow your books (so what, you borrow mine too!) …just kidding! You’re my special friend and I’m really glad I met you!! ^_^ ok this is getting corny …
So guys, cherish the moments you spend with your friends. Treat them nicely (but don’t let them empty your pockets). Show them that you love and care; tell them that you’re lucky to have such nice friends (Like I’m doing right now! Sorry, just joking!!) …and never talk about them behind their backs; spare them, don’t make them the subject of your gossip! And never, as in never ever, break their trust because once the trust is broken it’s impossible to fix the bond of friendship (umm... I’m not good at quoting) and two more important things about friends:
* They send you forward sms on Friendship’s day!
* They also comment on your blog making it quite popular! (Thanks Sana!)

That’s it! It’s 2am right now and I’m wide awake. If my mum would see me here sitting on PC so late, she’d have a fit (I’m exaggerating) ….and well, I hope you like it, the post I mean. Bye now!

7 Ink Drops:

Unknown said...

u re lucky u'hv got good friends
i wish they be with you for all times

S. said...

hey =P that was sooo nice =D

Sidrah said...

i'm nice thts y i write such nice things! *a smug smile* ...lol

Deepak said...

good friendship story... you have a writer in u!

Misty Rhythm said...

*sigh* :)
friends are so wonderful...i have LOTSA friends, BUT 5 really close ones (2 of whom are related to me by blood, so i dunno if they count, lol!)...i dunno wat i'd do widout them!
lovely, refreshing post! cheers!

Sidrah said...

@misty
ofcorz they count! frnds r frnds no matter who they're ...they can even be ur siblings! lol
n thx!^^

Unknown said...

Gr8 write up..
Enjoi life......
especially wit ya frnds...

Do drop into ma blog..

-Prashanth